Adventure is MY name!! I AM EMMETT!!

Friday, January 6, 2012

54 days

Good evening grandson,

Today was a day off for our family. Your Momma was laying low and didn't go anywhere.

Your grandama and I made a short run to the home depot to get a couple things for the house. We took the motorcycle and it was super nice riding in the sun. The weather last week was cold with a couple nights in the low 30's. I guess that's cold for here. The temp today was in the mid 70's and it was amazing.

We are almost unpacked now and I have been working on the garage getting as much out of the house as possible making room for us to put things away.

We met some people in the neighborhood this week. The lady next door lost her husband about a yer ago and her name is Susan. They were adventurers like your grandma and I. Her Husband was in a car accident that left him disabled for 6 years before he died. What a sad story except the story before that story. They lived! Never afraid of life and they lived it together to the fullest. I admire her and see such loss in her eyes. They were in love and lived in the same direction. That is so rare.

The man and his wife on the other side are named Steve and Teresa. The have 2 boats and one is a sail boat and the other is a fishing boat. They are retired and are very nice. He is in charge of the racing group in the boat club he belongs to and she is a volunteer that gives Kayak tours to people visiting the area. We look forward to visiting a little more with these folks and meeting more people in the sailing community.

The guy across the street just came to town and his name is Jim. He is retired also and lives here about 5 months a year. His wife is still up north and will be here in a couple weeks. They will be here until may and also seem like real nice folks. Jim is a fisherman and has a nice boat.

Tomorrow your Momma and Grandma start their birthing classes. I am a bit sad she is alone, without your Dad, through this but sometimes life throws you a curve ball and you just have to do what you have to do to get through. She is lucky to have your grandma and I am proud of them both. You are loved and we are prepaired.

I am so excited to have you in my home and can't wait until we are all together under one roof. I felt you move in your mommas tummy yesterday.

I Love you grandson,

Poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment