Adventure is MY name!! I AM EMMETT!!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

78 days...

Another day closer to our introduction and I can't wait!

I have been known to enjoy an empty quiet house from time to time. I like watching a good baseball game, naps, coffee, and tinkering in the shop. A mans life is full of responsibility and some stress and we often turn ourselves off when we pull into the driveway at home. I am no exception to this general rule.

Your Momma went to Tampa yesterday and I rushed home to enjoy an empty house where I could mill about in my boxers, pick my nose whenever I wanted and have control of the remote to watch whatever I wanted on TV. I was overly excited about the evening and even stopped at the grocery store to get a few favorite snacks.

As I drove into the neighborhood I spotted your Grandma walking the dog and stopped to say hi and let her know I would be making dinner. She told me she would be home in a half hour or so and she would see me after her walk. I drove the rest of the way and finally arrived at the empty house I'd be dreaming about all day.

I rushed the groceries in, spread them out on the counter and some in the frig before I headed for a shower. All cleaned up I put on my comfy clothes and headed for the kitchen to start preparing the food. I was home, calm, clean, comfortable, and surrounded by my favorite food. I stood in the kitchen and stopped...somethings wrong...so what gives?

I was alone.

I always thought being alone was great but it turns out I was thinking about it the wrong way all along. Being alone wasn't what I was after, being with my family was. I was too lazy to do the tuff things that made the people around me feel good about themselves and used the "alone theory" to make that OK.

What a waste of time! Life is too short and I want to be a member of a community. I hope you choose to be with us along the way and understand we love you and no matter what you do in life. You will be a member of my family and I will be there for you forever.

I love you little man and can't wait to meet you,

Poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment